Saturday, May 21, 2016

Sinus Surgery

The past few years since we have lived in Las Vegas, I have had recurring sinus infections and ear infections. The year before we moved here I had my tonsils and adenoids removed (not knowing I had Cystic Fibrosis) to help dull my allergies. Has it helped? I'm not really sure, was it painful and would I do it again?? Probably not. So far my most painful surgery, by far.
 Since October I had about 6 sinus infections in 4 months. My CF doctor stated she didn't want to treat me any more and I needed to see an ENT. I set up my appointments and after my Sinus CT, it was confirmed that I had a crooked septum, I had polyps in my frontal sinus, no opening on my right side and my sinus cavities were full of infection. I had surgery on a Thursday morning. This was much different than my first sinus surgery and for sure a better recovery. They no longer use packing and my surgeon here is absolutely amazing!! I was under for 2 hours, he is very meticulous and made sure everything was done right. I had my mom come to watch O, but things went well. The older I get, I don't like the affect pain medication has on me. It doesn't make me tired, it actually gives me more focused energy which makes it difficult to sleep the tired off. I did however take medication for about a week. After day 4 I was able to get my splints out, which was such a relief. Today I actually had my post op appointment. Dr. Shroeder said every thing looked well and I could probably breathe better than I ever have. 


Don't I just look so lovely in these photos?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment