Monday, October 12, 2015

Ready for Halloween

Who here loves fall, Halloween? Autumn is my most favorite time of the year. I love the crisp cool air (okay, let’s be honest, it is still 95 degrees here in Vegas, but I do love crisp cool air), the hot cinnamon apple cider, eating soup, picking pumpkins, and decorating for the holidays. At the beginning of the week, I took out all the Halloween decorations. I have a lot and definitely more than my husband would like us to have. I have collected them throughout the years of our marriage, and love to shop a good holiday décor deal. 





Where is the best place to buy Halloween decorations?
As I started pulling out all my décor I decided that there are a few places that they all came from.

Target: This is a great place to find decorations for any holiday. I love the dollar spot and always seem to find something there for the holidays. They change the items in the dollar spot for every holiday and season. Sometimes if you are lucky you can look on your cartwheel and get a % off on the dollar spot items, as well as holiday décor. The best time to get Halloween décor is right after the holiday. The first day after they price their holiday items 50% off and then the days following the % off will get better and better, up to 90% off. If you are looking for something specifically I recommend that you get there the day after. 






The items that I have bought from Target are: My light up pumpkins, all my spiders and spider webs, outdoor lights, and my potion labels.

Dollar stores: So many of my holiday décor comes from the .99 cent store as well as Dollar Tree. The nice thing about all of these items is that they are only a dollar, so if it breaks or you want a big collection you save money in your piggy bank.




I have bought my Halloween house collection, my witch figurines, bones for my cemetery, and hands for my zombie gate pallet, pumpkin seat covers, and tombstones.

Ross: This place is great! A lot of the décor you find here is similar to Tj maxx but is a tad cheaper. I have bought some Halloween signs, candy dishes, all my snow globes and all my candy carriers.

At the ross by my house this season they hardly had any decorations at all.  

As you can see, these stores are already having really great deals. The 99 cent store right now is doing a buy one get one free on all Halloween items. Target is doing a deal where you buy so much in Halloween items and you get money off. Note: Every store will have their own prices, these are the prices at the stores closest to my house. 

Homemade: I love a good DIY, If you save all your glass jars, you can make a great collection of potion bottles to decorate (see above picture). Just slap a Martha Stewart potion label on and your good to go. Garlands are one of my favorite things to make; I have one for every holiday. Cut up strips of fabric, wrap it around some twine, and you have yourself a holiday garland. I just picked these packages up in the dollar spot in Target and quickly made a DIY Halloween garland. I am going to stamp a few of the triangles with ghosts to finish it off.  



Decorating your house for the holidays does not have to break the bank. All you have to do is look out for the good deals at the end of the season, and head to your local dollar stores. You will be surprised how cute your house will become with just a few decorations.
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BOO banner! And how you decorated the space above the kitchen cabinet. Cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete