Saturday, December 5, 2015

Getting sick and Getting better

6 weeks ago when we went to Disneyland for Halloween, I got a pretty bad sinus infection. I took 10 days of Augmentin, but I never fully got better. About 3 weeks after starting the antibiotics the sinus infection came back. My nose was pretty clear but my sinus cavities were extremely blocked. The CF clinic couldn't get me to be seen, so I went to an urgent care and they gave me a corticosteroid shot and then 10 days of doxycycline and 10 days of prednisone. I feel like the thing that really keeps me healthy and prevents me from getting sick is to take my prenatal vitamins, my prevacid, and my singulair. I have also been taking this stuff called Intramax, it has tons vitamins, trace minerals and probiotics in it. I personally feel like the first infection never really went away, but because of this my doctor wants me to get a CT of my sinus. I will get that done in Utah during Christmas week. I finally finished all my tests today. I was at the lab at 0630 got stuck 4 times, 9 tubes of blood, and a nasty glucose tolerance test. Next Wednesday I will have another clinic appointment to go over all my results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment