Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Lets eat!! Our guide to eating at Disneyland

My family has always been Disney fans. I myself have only been an annual pass holder for one year, but my sister has lived in Southern California for years and we have always gone at least once a year to get our Disney fix. Everyone is going to have their own ideas about the best places to eat at Disneyland. Here are my tips and the things I have learned this year about eating at Disneyland.  

Eating at Disneyland can be a bit tricky. You want to save money, but who wants to haul all their food around with them all day? You can of course leave the park and eat, but who wants to waste time leaving and coming back? We have found the best thing for us has been to load our stroller and backpacks with snacks and then eat meals at Disneyland. Here are our favorite places! 

Best places to eat: 

  • Refreshment Corner: (we call it Coke corner) We love getting flavored sodas, stuffed cream cheese and jalapeno soft pretzels and mac&cheese covered hot dogs. 
  • Corn dog Castle: You can order corn dogs at a number of places around the parks, and believe me I have tried all of them. My favorite place to order them is at Corn Dog Castle. 
  • Stage door cafe: This item is not on the menu but you can definitely order them. My hubby's favorite thing to order are the mozzarella cheese sticks. They are good and you get about 6 full size string cheese. 
  • Hungry Bear Restaurant: This place has some healthier choices; including my favorite (which are not so healthy) sweet potato french fries and the fried green tomatoes sandwich. Every time we have come this place is not very busy, is in a great location overlooking Tom Sawyers island, and the train passes by as well. 
  •  Begal BBQ: This place is pretty busy, but it is pretty inexpensive for a good snack or meal. My favorite skewers to order are the safari skewer (which is bacon wrapped asparagus), the banyan beef skewer (a spicy beef), and the outback vegetable skewer. They are about $4 a skewer so not bad for a meal. My suggestion is get a few and share between a few people.
  • Tortilla Joes: Now this place is not in the Disneyland park, it is in Downtown Disney. There are so many things I like about this place. They have table side guacamole which is the bomb!! All their tortillas are homemade and just to die for. They have balloon artists come around and make things for your kids (just don't forget to tip). That is my sons favorite part, this time he picked a penguin. You can also see the firework show from the outside (if your eating that late). 



There are a few other places that I have heard are good, but have not yet had the opportunity to try them. Soup bowls, and baked potatoes at Harbour Galley, the cozy cone (reds apple freeze, pear of dice soda, churro bites and the bread cones) 

Favorite snacks

  • Jolly holiday Bakery: I love the Matterhorn Macaroons. 
  • Disneyland's fudge and divinity
  • Tiki Room: Dole whip
  • Disneyland churros

Now these are all our favorite places to eat, and snack. If you haven't, give them a try. Let me know your favorite places to eat. Remember all of the sit down restaurants are best to accommodate reservations better if you get a reservation before hand. 













No comments:

Post a Comment